Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Battles Won and Lost

The past few days have really been something. Big fish, in battles won and lost, are by far the most memorable moments in my fishing and guiding experience. The past few nights offered rather mixed fishing, but several chances at large trout have made them memorable. Last night, we had very good brown drake fishing, with several nice fish and one whopper in the net. We had chances at several other nice Brown Trout too.

I have been doing some fishing on my own as well. Mostly I have been fishing to a single trout. It is a nice trout, probably somewhere in the range of 18-20 inches. More important, however, is where he is located. He is basically rising in the middle of a logjam. To get to him, it requires a tough cast, and the fish would certainly test me in a hand to fin battle. I will get him eventually.

This time of year, watch out for the madness that results from the big bugs of June. Puffy red eyes, hallucinations, sleep deprivation, and babbling stories of big fish battles won and lost are all signs of the madness. Enjoy the next month of fishing folks, and remember, GET YOUR SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment